Intimidated by the all the functions of your new camera? Don’t have time to schedule a portrait session? Want to capture the best images of your kids playing sports? Planning a vacation and yearn for more than the usual snapshot? Consider to invest into one or more hours of tutoring – private or in groups, individualize your lesson or choose the basic package. All lessons are hands on, using your camera at your house (within a 20 miles radius of Bangor) or – weather permitting – outside.
Lessons are 1 hour each. You cannot learn everything about each topic in 1 hour – these are introductory lessons, but I will provide you with guidance how to pursue more knowledge, and further tutoring can be arranged on an individual basis.
Learning the Basics
1. “Buttonology” – Camera modes and function
2. Exposure – learn how to use your meter, aperture, shutter speed and ISO effectively
3. Composition and Light Basics
4. How to Photography What – choose the right setting for the right subject
5. File Management and Editing for Beginners
1. Flash Photography
5. “Photoshopping” – improving your images (Adobe Photoshop recommended but not required)
Introduction to Professional Photography
This includes the use of professional camera, equipment and software
Advanced Lighting – using strobes, backgrounds, umbrellas, soft boxes etc.
Product and Stock Photography
Time Lapse Photography
Private Lessons: Basic and Advanced Topics $50/hr, Professional Topics $100/hr
Group Tutoring: Basic and Advanced Topics $30/hr per person, Professional Topics $75/hr per person
5 hr Workshop (Basic or Advanced) $225 private, $125/person in groups